ExactRail N Scale: P-S 5277 'Waffle' - Dakota, Minnesota and Eastern
In 1974, the Southern Railway took delivery of 70 ton, 5277 cubic foot capacity boxcars from Pullman-Standard. Different from the majority of other cars of the IPD era, the Southern cars had a full set of "waffles"--stamped impressions into the car's side panels which were intended to accommodate lading equipment. Beginning with P-S lot 9725, Southern Railway would eventually roster nearly 5,000 of these boxcars. Found anywhere, the Southern P-S 50' 'Waffle' Boxcar is the epitome of a signature classic!
- Precision micro-tooled!
- Designed, engineered and tooled in the United States!
- Factory installed Micro-Trains #1015 couplers
- Narrow-style, body mounted draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker casting and full nut and bolt detail.
- ExactRail's exclusive ASF 100 ton 'Ride Control' trucks
- CNC-machined metal wheel sets with all new metal axles!
- Exceptionally accurate lettering styles, logotypes and razor sharp printing
- Built as an N-scale model train
- True to life colors!
- Scale: N Scale
- Product Line: N-Scale Series
- Product Type: PS 50' Waffle Boxcar
- RailRoad: DME
- Coupler Type: MicroTrains #1015
- Truck Type: ExactRail Barber 70 Ton S-2 Trucks
- Wheels: CNC-Machined 33" wheels