ExactRail N Scale: PS-2CD 4427 Covered Hopper - SOO Line
Beginning in the 1960s, covered hoppers began to replace 40' boxcars for grain service. The Pullman-Standard 4427 cubic foot, low-side covered hopper was one car that made this transition successful. Graced with many colorful paint schemes and plying the rails through all corners of North America, these cars carried dry commodities, including: grain, corn, wheat, flour, and many other forms of dry bulk. The Pullman-Standard 4427 low-side, covered hopper is a classic of North American railroading!
ExactRail's N-scale PS-2CD 4427 Covered Hopper is being offered with ExactRail's all-new 'Narrow' body-mounted draftbox and Micro-Trains #1015 couplers!
Better than any other N-scale draft box of which we are aware, ExactRail's new body-mounted draft box approaches the scale dimensions of the prototype. ExactRail's N-scale PS-2CD 4427 Covered Hopper also features accurate logotypes and colors. It rides upon prototypically accurate 100 ton ASF 'Ride Control' trucks with CNC machined metal wheelsets with metal axles.
- Precision micro-tooled!-Designed, engineered and tooled in ExactRail's own Orem, Utah facilities!-Factory installed Micro-Trains #1015 couplers!
- ExactRail's exclusive Narrow-style draft box, featuring full nut and bolt detail.
- ExactRail's ASF 100 ton 'Ride Control' trucks.
- CNC-machined metal wheel sets with metal axles!
- Built as an N scale model train
- Razor sharp painting and printing.
- Available in 6 all-new road numbers!
Scale: N Scale
Product Line: N-Scale Series
Product Type: PS-2CD 4427 Covered Hopper
Coupler Type: MicroTrains #1015
Truck Type: ExactRail ASF 100 Ton Ride Control Trucks
Wheels: CNC-Machined 36" wheels