ExactRail N Scale: Gunderson 6269 High Cube Boxcar - Wisconsin Central
Growth in intermodal markets had the effect of steering railroads away from boxcars in the modern era. However, it became clear that there was a market for the development of new boxcars in paper products, as shippers require high-grade boxcars. This stands against the trend of declining boxcar development of the time. Modern builders, such as Gunderson, Trinity and Trenton-Works, set themselves to the task of developing competitive boxcars. These cars have a distinctively modern aesthetic; they are known as 'Paper Boxes.'
ABOUT THE WC PAINT SCHEME
Wisconsin Central (WC): Wisconsin Central took delivery of 50 cars in the 21500-21549 equipment series. (They received an additional 100 cars from Trenton Works in 1997.) These cars were painted in WC classy maroon paint scheme with shield moniker which has been expertly matched by ExactRail’s artists.
- Precision micro-tooled!
- Designed, engineered and tooled in the United States!
- Factory installed Micro-Trains #1015 couplers
- Narrow-style, body mounted draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker casting and full nut and bolt detail.
- ExactRail's 100 ton ASF 'Ride Control' trucks
- CNC-machined metal wheel sets with all new metal axles!
- Exceptionally accurate lettering styles, logotypes and razor sharp printing
- True to life colors!
- Scale: N Scale
- Product Line: N-Scale Series
- Product Type: Gunderson 6269 High Cube Boxcar
- RailRoad: WC
- Wheels: CNC-Machined 36" wheels