ExactRail Gunderson 6269 High Cube Boxcar : Minnesota, Dakota and Western Railway
Growth in intermodal markets had the effect of steering railroads away from boxcars in the modern era. However, it became clear that there was a market for the development of new boxcars in paper products, as shippers require high-grade boxcars. This stands against the trend of the declining boxcar development of the time. Modern builders, such as Gunderson, Trinity and Trenton-Works, set themselves to the task of developing competitive boxcars. These cars have a distinctively modern aesthetic; they are known as 'Paper Boxes.'
ExactRail is proud to offer the Portand-built version of the Gunderson 6269 High Cube Boxcar in N-scale!
With accurate details such as the Stanray 'Redi-Roof', 12' door, and only highly authentic lettering styles and colors, the Gunderson 6269 High Cube Boxcar is a model long absent from the N-scale train market. As with all new ExactRail models, it features ExactRail's own narrow-style, body mounted draft box and the assurance that it has been designed, engineered and tooled in Utah!
- Precision micro-tooled!
- Designed, engineered and tooled in the United States!
- Factory installed Micro-Trains #1015 couplers
- Narrow-style, body mounted draft box, featuring:
- Shank wedges
- Striker casting
- Full nut and bolt detail.
- ExactRail's 100 ton ASF 'Ride Control' trucks
- CNC-machined metal wheel sets with all new metal axles!
- N Model Trains
- Exceptionally accurate lettering styles, logotypes and razor sharp printing
- True to life colors!