ExactRail N Scale: Gunderson 6269 High Cube Boxcar - Burlington Northern
Growth in intermodal markets had the effect of steering railroads away from boxcars in the modern era. However, it became clear that there was a market for the development of new boxcars in paper products, as shippers require high-grade boxcars. This stands against the trend of declining boxcar development of the time. Modern builders, such as Gunderson, Trinity and Trenton-Works, set themselves to the task of developing competitive boxcars. These cars have a distinctively modern aesthetic; they are known as 'Paper Boxes.'
ABOUT THE BN PAINT SCHEME
Burlington Northern (BN): The Burlington Northern was one of the original owners of the 6269. Of the 500 cars delivered in 1994, BN purchased 300. BN took delivery of these car in its modern ‘BN over-two-lines’ paint scheme--which ExactRail has expertly recreated.
- Precision micro-tooled!
- Designed, engineered and tooled in the United States!
- Factory installed Micro-Trains #1015 couplers
- Narrow-style, body mounted draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker casting and full nut and bolt detail.
- ExactRail's 100 ton ASF 'Ride Control' trucks
- CNC-machined metal wheel sets with all new metal axles!
- Exceptionally accurate lettering styles, logotypes and razor sharp printing
- True to life colors!
- Scale: N Scale
- Product Line: N-Scale Series
- Product Type: Gunderson 6269 High Cube Boxcar
- RailRoad: BN
- Wheels: CNC-Machined 36" wheels