ExactRail Evans-USRE 5277 Boxcar (Early) : Lake Erie Franklin & Clarion Railroad
Through the IPD Boxcar boom of the 1970's, Evans Products Company modernized their boxcar portfolio. With the Evans-USRE 5277 Plate C Boxcar, they seemed to settle on a design formula which would characterize the company standard for modern boxcars. These features included box-corrugated, non-terminating ends, Stanray X-panel overhanging roof, and riveted car sides near the end posts.
ExactRail recreates one of the common boxcars of the IPD era. The Evans-USRE 5277 Boxcar offers a host of exclusive features which uniquely serve the N-scale enthusiast!
- Precision micro-tooled!
- Designed, engineered and tooled in ExactRail's own Orem, Utah facilities!
- Factory installed Micro-Trains #1015 couplers!
- ExactRail's exclusive Narrow-style, body mounted draft box, featuring:
- 70 ton ASF 'Ride Control' trucks
- N scale model train CNC-machined metal wheel sets with metal axles!
- Etched brass NRUC herald plates on appropriate paint schemes!
- Etched metal stirrups