Jacksonville Terminal N Scale: 20' Standard Height Container - Safmarine 'CMBT Lines Faded' - 2 Pack
Formed in 1946 by South African industrialists and American ship owners, Safmarine is now widely known as a north/south trade and African specialist. The line is represented in more than 130 countries throughout the world, with more than 1200 sailors selling their services. Safmarine had been headquartered and registered in Antwerp, Belgium, since 1991, Safmarine acquired a 49 percent interest in CMB Transport, the liner division of Belgium shipping company CMB (Compagnie Maritime Belge).
1996 (January), Safmarine merged its own liner division with that of CMB, resulting in the formation of SCL, short for Safmarine and CMBT Lines 1996, when it completed its acquisition of the Belgian container line, CMBT, which in turn had been an outgrowth of CMB.
1998(July), Safmarine's acquisition of CMB Transport's remaining 25 percent in SCL. SCL of Antwerp will now be operating as Safmarine Container Line, Safmarine said in a statement.
1999, Safmarine was bought by the Danish company A.P. Moller-Maersk Group, and Maersk chose to retain the Safmarine brand rather than integrating it wholly into Maersk Sealand.
Since the year 2000, Safmarine no longer continued the name Compagnie Maritime Belge and formally dissolved the line activities under the term CMB.
In 2002, Safmarine acquired Torm Lines.
In October 3, 2011, it was decided that Safmarine would integrate its internal support and management functions into those of its sister company Maersk Line. Safmarine containers are seen al lover North America.Model Features:
- All New Tooling; corrugated sides
- Eight different door variations tooled: molded as appropriate.
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO locations
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: 1-magnet bottom & metal top plate
- Detailed printing as per photographs
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; JTC 48' & 53' containers, Atlas 40' & 45'containers, and future Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.