White River Productions Magazine: Railfan & Railroad - December 2020
BNSF Railway Seligman Subdivision • by Ray Lewis — Stretching across desert floors, negotiating through rugged canyons, and navigating dense forests, the nearly 283-mile BNSF Seligman Sub continues to offer exceptional vantage points of contemporary railroad operations.
Connections: 2020 CRPA Contest Winners • The judging panel reviewed 287 submissions from 116 photographers interpreting the “Connections” theme.
Seattle Railfan Guide • by Robert W. Scott — Great scenery combined with diverse operations makes the Emerald City a prime railfan location in the Pacific Northwest.
Seattle Transit Guide • by David Honan — A visiting railfan should not overlook Seattle and Tacoma’s expanding transit system, which also has a rich history.
KCS: White to Gray • by Carl Graves — Looking back at Kansas City Southern’s transition from “white to gray” as part of its modernization in the late 1980s.Departments:
- Departures/commentary: Alexander Benjamin Craghead
- LocoNotes/diesel spotters: Kenneth M. Ardinger
- Markers/additional thoughts from your editors
- On The Menu/railroad dining, art, and culture: James D. Porterfield
- Parting Shot/William Diehl
- Preservation Topics/this stuff is old, man: Justin Franz
- Railnews/top news stories and photos from our readers
- Railroadiana/new product, book, and video reviews
- The High Iron/railroaders share their stories: George Melvin
- Through My Lens/trackside memories: Kevin EuDaly
- Transit Currents/transit news: Bob Gallegos