Broadway Limited Imports HO Scale: USRA 4-6-2 Heavy Pacific w/ DCC & Sound - FW&D
The Pacific-type locomotive evolved as the need for power and speed increased. First, the four-wheel leading truck delivered stability at the faster speeds. Second, six tall drivers provided pulling power and speed. Last, a two-wheel trailing truck provided support for a larger firebox. The sum of this design was the 4-6-2 USRA Pacific.
The USRA designation for light and heavy locomotives was a function of the track's ability to withstand weight. Excessive axle weight could damage the rails, loosen fastenings, and also cause damage to the locomotive. The USRA deemed a maximum of 54,000 pounds per axle as a light locomotive. The USRA Light Pacific weighed in at 277,000 lbs, with a 73 inch driver diameter and a boiler pressure of 200 lb/in.
BLI's models follow the original designs closely.
- NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System FEATURING ROLLING THUNDERTM with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Factory Installed Engineer / Fireman Figures
- Locomotive Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Tender Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 70, 83, 100 Rail
- Equipped with Traction Tires
- Minimum Operating Radius: 18 in or greater