ExactRail HO Scale: Thrall 63' 'Opera Window' Centerbeam Flat Car - Northwestern Oklahoma 'Ex-WP' - 2000's Patched from WP
In the early 2000s the Northwestern Oklahoma Railroad (NOKL) acquired many 2nd and 3rd hand 63' centerbeams. These represent a few former Western Pacific cars that found their way to the NOKL. Each number has unique details that match each prototype such as the patched reporting mark locations to the different lube stencils.
About the Prototype:
Through the input and participation of the Union Pacific and Burlington Northern railroads, Thrall developed a new style of bulkhead flat car called the "Centerbeam." The intention of the design was to prevent hapless fork-lift drivers from dumping lading while loading and unloading the car. Introduced in 1977, the innovation has proved successful, and it became colloquially known as the "Opera Window" due to the large cut-outs along the center partition. Thrall 63' "Opera Window" Centerbeams are still common to the rails, and they are as one of the most distinctive prototypes of all time.
About the Model:
ExactRail's Thrall 63' "Opera Window" Center-Beam Flat Car is an extraordinary replica. Easily one of our most intricate and part-intense models to date, the "Opera Window" Center-Beam is a hybrid model of etched brass and plastic that is without equal. The model consists of 125 separate parts, which includes, a 0.010" etched brass center partition, individually tooled ratchets and separate deck panels so that there are no ejection marks on the body from the injection molding process. The model also features wire coupler cut hangers, which match the "loop" style coupler cut lever hangers on the prototype.
- Designed, engineered, and tooled in our Utah facilities!
- 0.010" Etched Brass Center Partition, COTS and ACI placards
- Factory installed Kadee #58 couplers
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker casting and full nut and bolt detail
- ExactRail's exclusive ASF 100 ton 'Ride Control' trucks
- CNC-machined metal wheel sets with metal axles!
- Wire grab irons, brake rods, and coupler cut levers!
- Accurate painting and printing!
- Wire coupler cut lever hangers which match the "loop" style hangers of the prototypes!
- Etched metal Morton crossover walks
- Separately applied air hoses
- PRODUCT TYPE: Flat Car
- COUPLER TYPE: Kadee #58
- TRUCK TYPE: ASF 100 ton 'Ride Control'
- WHEELS: 36"
- ERA: 2000's to Present
- MINIMUM RADIUS: 22"
- REGION: Midwest
For additional available paint schemes click below: