ExactRail Thrall 2743 Gondola : Oregon Steel Mills
In 1995, Thrall Car Manufacturing Company introduced the 2743 cubic capacity gondola. New standards for Gross Rail Loading (GRL) allowed car manufacturers to increase the internal loading dimensions of their designs. With a new interior height of 5'6", Thrall's design is the contemporary standard for 52'-6" length gondolas. ExactRail recreates the Thrall 2743 Gondola with our team who designs, engineers and tools in the United States.
With exceptionally accurate lettering styles and logotypes, ExactRail's Thrall 2743 Gondola offers a host of exclusive features which are uniquely ExactRail.
- Precision micro-tooled!
- Designed, engineered and tooled in the United States!
- Factory installed Kadee No. 5 coupler
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker casting and full nut and bolt detail.
- ExactRail's exclusive ASF 100 ton 'Ride Control' trucks
- CNC-machined metal wheel sets with all new metal axles!
- Wire grab irons
- Razor sharp painting and printing
- Etched metal Morton-style brake platform