ExactRail PS-2CD 4427 Covered Hopper - TLDX - Carborundum '1964 As-Delivered'
Beginning in the 1960’s, covered hoppers took over 40' boxcars for grain service. The Pullman Standard 4427 cubic foot low-side covered hopper is one of the legendary cars that helped make this transition successful. Graced with many colorful paint schemes and plying the rails through all corners of North America, these cars carried numerous dry commodities including grain, corn, wheat, flour and many other forms of dry bulks.
The Pullman Standard 4427 low-hip covered hopper is a classic of North American railroading!
About the TLDX - Carborundum '1964 As-Delivered' Paint Scheme:
In 1964, Pullman delivered 15 PS-2CD 4427 Covered Hoppers to Carborundum. These cars were numbered TLDX 3801-3815 and were part of Lot 8970. The Carborundum Company was an abrasives manufacturer and had plants located in New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Washington, & Ontario. The cars have a return stencil location of Vancouver, WA where they would be loaded with silicon carbide, also known as carborundum. They would then travel east to their various plants.
- Precision Micro-tooled!
- Designed, engineered and tooled in the United States!
- ExactRail's equalized 100 ton ASF Ride Control Trucks
- Machined metal wheels sets - Kadee® #58 "scale" couplers!
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker casting and full nut and bolt detail.
- Numerous hand-applied details, including: separately applied air hoses, bell crank, and brake appliances!
- Photo-etched, stainless steel roof walk and brake platform
- Exceptionally accurate printing and true to life colors!
- Wire coupler cut levers, brake rigging, and brake rods
Scale: HO Scale
Product Line: Platinum Series
Coupler Type: Kadee #58
Truck Type: ExactRail 100-Ton ASF 'Ride Control' Trucks
Wheels: CNC-Machined 36" wheels
Era: 1964 - 1980's
Minimum Radius: 22"