ExactRail PS-2CD 4427 Covered Hopper - Milwaukee Road '1981 Repaint'
Beginning in the 1960’s, covered hoppers took over 40' boxcars for grain service. The Pullman Standard 4427 cubic foot low-side covered hopper is one of the legendary cars that helped make this transition successful. Graced with many colorful paint schemes and plying the rails through all corners of North America, these cars carried numerous dry commodities including grain, corn, wheat, flour and many other forms of dry bulks.
The Pullman Standard 4427 low-hip covered hopper is a classic of North American railroading!
About the Milwaukee Road '1981 Repaint' Paint Scheme:
In the late 1970s and early 1980s, the Milwaukee Road shopped and repainted a few of their PS-2CD 4427 Covered Hoppers. Gone was the billboard MILWAUKEE ROAD and in its place was a simple and budget friendly Federal Yellow with stenciled herald and reporting marks. Each of these repaints happened at different shops and different times so no two are alike. For this run we have brought to you car 98463 as it looked after receiving some love and attention in January 1981.
- Precision Micro-tooled!
- Designed, engineered and tooled in the United States!
- ExactRail's equalized 100 ton ASF Ride Control Trucks
- Machined metal wheels sets - Kadee® #58 "scale" couplers!
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker casting and full nut and bolt detail.
- Numerous hand-applied details, including: separately applied air hoses, bell crank, and brake appliances!
- Photo-etched, stainless steel roof walk and brake platform
- Exceptionally accurate printing and true to life colors!
- Wire coupler cut levers, brake rigging, and brake rods
Scale: HO Scale
Product Line: Platinum Series
Coupler Type: Kadee #58
Truck Type: ExactRail 100-Ton ASF 'Ride Control' Trucks
Wheels: CNC-Machined 36" wheels
Era: 1981 - 1990's
Minimum Radius: 22"