THE PULLMAN-STANDARD 5277 WAFFLE BOXCAR IS A TRUE SIGNATURE CLASSIC!
The Southern Railway purchased nearly 5,000 of these 70-ton boxcars. ExactRail is pleased to offer one of our most sought after HO Scale freight cars in three new paint schemes!
Featuring the finest precision micro-tooling and finish-work in the industry, ExactRail's Southern 5277 “Waffle” boxcar is a platinum quality model—complete with Kadee #58 couplers, coupler cut levers, numerous wire-formed and fine-scale details, accurate underbody details and ExactRail's exclusive equalized trucks. ExactRail's Signature Series Southern 5277 “Waffle” Box Car is an exclusive replica to be appreciated by enthusiasts and collectors alike.
THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY (SOU) ‘1984 EUROPA’ REPAINT SCHEME:
In January of 1984, the Norfolk Southern Corporation began repainting Southern Railway Pullman-Standard 5277 “Waffle” Boxcars in a new paint scheme. The Southern Railway called this the “Europa” paint scheme. If you model post-1984, this paint scheme would look great interspersed among our other Southern waffle boxcars!
THE P-S 5277 “WAFFLE” BOXCAR FEATURES:
- Precision designed and tooled in the United States!
- ExactRail's CNC-machined wheels
- ExactRail's exclusive Barber 70 ton S-2 trucks
- Etched-metal crossover walks
- Free-standing wire details
- Hand-applied details
- Accurate fonts, colors and lettering placement
- Meticulously reproduced underbody detail and steel nail able floor
- Razor sharp painting and printing