Walthers Cornerstone HO Scale: Operating Single-Track Railroad Bascule Bridge - Kit
The Walthers Cornerstone Operating Single-Track Railroad Bascule Bridge is based on one of the most popular designs with railroad engineers. There's always plenty of action wherever railways meet waterways. Here, you can often find lift bridges, designed to move up to provide clearance for passing ships. Hinged at one end, the bascule design opens like a jacknife. It requires less space, has fewer moving parts and can be partially opened to clear vessels of any size. It can also be raised and lowered quickly, making it the ideal choice for busy rail lines.
This working model captures the same intense operation and fine detail found on actual bridges. Big enough to look right, small enough to fit, it's equally at home handling big steam or modern double-stacks. The kit is complete with detailed plastic parts that capture all of the rivets and cross-sections of the steel work. A large concrete counterweight simulates the massive lifting assembly of the prototype. Rounding out the details are the bridge tender's shanty high in the beams and a brick trackside interlocking tower. Hidden inside the Operating Single-Track Bascule Bridge is a reliable, low-speed motor that raises and lowers your bridge like the real thing.
- Part of the Cornerstone Engineered Bridge System
- Prototypes provide maximum clearance for vessels on busy waterways
- Low-speed motor and gear drive included
- Add to new or existing scenery with Single-Track Railroad Bridge Concrete Abutments (933-4551, sold separately)
- Use with Walthers Code 83 Bridge Track
- Has clearance for today's taller equipment
- Authentic trusses, chords, counterweight & other details
- Bridge tender's shanty and interlocking tower
- Molded in two colors and clear plastic
- Bridge Accessories
- Single-Track Concrete Abutments Kit
Finished model measures:
- Bridge Span & Approach 34-1/4 x 3-1/4 x 11" 86 x 8.1 x 27.5cm
- Interlocking Tower Baseplate: 2-1/8 x 3-3/4" 5.3 x 9.3cm.