Rapido HO Scale: Northern Pacific 10000-Series Boxcar - '1940 Small Monad' - 4 Pack
Includes Road Numbers - 10287, 11121, 12345, 13059
Starting in 1923 the Northern Pacific ordered more than 4,000 double-sheathed cars in the 10000-13999 series. Amazingly, these cars lasted in revenue service until 1970 and in company service for another 12 years. Because of their large number they could be found on freight trains across North America.
Rapido’s model has been scaled from original blueprints and field measurements with the assistance of the NPRHA. Features include full underframe detail with riveted center sill, A-B or K brakes as appropriate, and formed wire grab irons installed at the factory.
- Correct details including roof and handbrake
- Full underbody with separate brake rods and piping
- Fully decorated and assembled
- Factory-installed Macdonald-Cartier couplers
- Accurate decoration
- All new U-channel trucks with in-line brake shoes
- Blackened turned metal wheels