ExactRail HO Scale: Milwaukee Road 3898 Ribside Boxcar - MILW '3-1963 Repaint'
Built in the golden years when the railroad designed and engineered its own rolling stock, Milwaukee's rib side box car is easily one of the most prolific and recognizable signature cars of all time.
The Milwaukee Road's Rib Side boxcar is a platinum quality model that includes full-length rib profiles which have been meticulously recreated and hand-etched wood grain for perfect weight and tone. Complete with panel type camel doors, 5-5 dreadnaught ends and precision detailed lumber door, ExactRail's Milwaukee Rib Side Box Car is an exclusive replica to please enthusiasts and collectors alike.
- Designed, Engineered and Tooled in the United States!
- Factory installed Kadee #58 couplers
- ExactRail's exclusive 50 ton Barber S-2 Friction Bearing Trucks
- CNC- machined metal wheel sets
- Razor sharp painting and printing
- Free standing and accurate underbody and brake details
- Wire coupler cut lever bars
- Separately applied air hoses
About the MILW '3-1963 Repaint' paint scheme:
In the 1960s, the Milwaukee Road began to rebuild much of the now 20 year old fleet of ribside boxcars. These rebuilt cars now sported new numbers and a new paint and lettering scheme. For 1960s and 1970s modelers these, along with a few of the 'as-delivered' schemes were a commonly seen out earning their keep. By the early 1980s, the ribsides had largely faded away.
- Scale: HO Scale
- Product Line: Platinum Series
- RailRoad: MILW
- Coupler Type: Kadee #58
- Truck Type: ExactRail 50 ton Barber S-2 Friction Bearing Trucks
- Wheels: CNC-Machined 33" wheels
- Era: 1963 - 1980's
- Region: Midwest
- Minimum Radius: 22"
For other available paint schemes of the ExactRail Milwaukee Road 3898 Ribside Boxcar click HERE