WE ARE PLEASED TO PRESENT THE GUNDERSON 2420 GONDOLA!
Beginning in March of 1965, Gunderson built nine hundred 2,420 cu. ft. capacity gondolas for the Southern Pacific. With a straight, deep side sill, massive side stakes and a heavy duty top cord, these cars had a distinguished appearance without comparison. Southern Pacific implemented rebuilding programs for these cars on two occasions and kept them in revenue service well into the nineties.
EXACTRAIL'S GUNDERSON 2420 GONDOLA IS COMPLETE WITH EXCLUSIVE FEATURES, INCLUDING:
- Precision micro-tooled!
- Designed, engineered and tooled in the United States!
- ExactRail's exclusive 100 ton ASF Ride Control trucks
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring:
- Key detail
- Shank wedges
- Striker castings
- Full nut and bolt detail
- Full-flute corrugated side panels--rare in railroad models.
- Precision-tooled, integrally molded details
- CNC-machined metal wheel sets
- Razor sharp printing!