ScaleTrains Operator HO Scale: GATC 4180cf Airslide® Covered Hopper - BNSF 'Buffer Service'
Introduced in 1963, the GATC 4180 Airslide Covered Hopper was designed for granular commodities such as flour, starch, and sugar. The patented “Airslide” unloading system uses pressurized air to aerate the special fabric lining of the bays, effectively fluidizing the commodity so it to flow more easily during unloading. Some Airslides continue in service today including ones used for BNSF buffer car service.
All Operator Freight Cars Feature:
- Fully assembled
- Multiple road numbers
- Simplified underbody brake rigging details
- Body mounted semi-scale knuckle couplers
- Simplified printing and lettering legible even under magnification
- Accurately profiled .110″ wide wheel tread
- Weighted to Industry standards
- Operates on Code 70, 83 and 100 rail
- Packaging safely stores model
- Color matched to Tru-Color Paint colors whenever possible
- Minimum radius: 18”
- Recommended radius: 22”