Athearn Ready to Roll HO Scale: FMC 60' Hi-Cube Exterior-Post Boxcar - Union Pacific 'Yellow'
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
The modern 100 ton, high-cube, 60' boxcar has become ubiquitous in the modern rail scene. These cars are designed to carry a myriad of loads, from auto parts to forest products.These boxcars are a fixture to any modern freight train.
The RTR model depicts accurately a FMC built boxcar for Union Pacific appliance service. Many paint schemes from the extremely similar PC&F built cars are also offered as close "stand-in" type models.
- Single 10' Youngstown door
- Separately applied grab irons, end ladders, and brake wheel
- Photo-etch coupler cross-over platform
- Fully-assembled and ready to run out of the box
- Highly-detailed, injection-molded body
- Painted and printed for realistic decoration
- Weighted for trouble free operation
- -70 or -100 ton roller bearing trucks with 33" or 36" per prototype
- Machined metal wheels and RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- Body mounted McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers
- Window packaging for easy viewing plus interior plastic blister safely holds the model for convenient storage
- Replacement parts available
- Minimum radius: 18"
PRIMED FOR GRIME MODELS FEATURE:
- Duplicated look and feel of "In Service" equipment; "Tattered and Torn" just like the real thing
- Faded base colors matched to the prototype
- Patches applied and shaped per road number matching each corresponding side to the prototype
- Perfect starting point for adding grime and rust
||McHenry Scale Knuckle
|Minimum Age Recommendation:
|Is Assembly Required: