Athearn HO Scale: FMC 60' Double Door Hi-Cube Boxcar - Ex-Golden West Service 'SSW'
The modern 100 ton, high-cube, 60’ boxcar has become ubiquitous in the modern rail scene. These cars are designed to carry a myriad of loads, from auto parts to forest products.These boxcars are a fixture to any modern freight train.
The RTR model depicts accurately a FMC built boxcar for Cotton Belt (XM) general service B-100-42. Many paint schemes from the similar cars are also offered as close “stand-in” type models.
- Double 8’ Youngstown doors
- Separately applied grab irons, end ladders, and brake wheel
- Photo-etched coupler cross-over platform
- Fully-assembled and ready to run out of the box
- Highly-detailed, injection-molded body
- Painted and printed for realistic decoration
- Weighted for trouble free operation
- Newly tooled -70 or -100 ton roller bearing trucks with 33” or 36” wheels per prototype
- Machined metal wheels and RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- Body mounted McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers
- Window packaging for easy viewing plus interior plastic blister safely holds the model for convenient storage
- Replacement parts available
- Minimum radius: 18”