ExactRail HO Scale: FMC 5327 12' Plug Door Boxcar - Green Bay Western '1982 Patch - Ex. EACH'
In 1979, FMC Corporation built 10’-6 and 12’-0 plug door versions of its 5327 exterior post boxcar. Of the two versions, the 12’-0 plug door is the most distinctive. The wide plug door on a 50’ exterior post car was very modern for this era. Originally the 5327 Boxcars were delivered to Chattahoochee Industrial Railway, East Camden & Highland, Minnesota Dakota & Western, and New Orleans Public Belt. The cars went on to multiple second, third and now fourth hand owners. Most were patched over but some did go on to be repainted. About the Green Bay Western '1982 Patch - Ex. EACH' Paint Scheme:
After the end of the IPD era, in 1982 the EACH had to shed some of it's fleet of FMC 5327 Boxcars with 12' plug doors. 100 cars went to the Green Bay Western and were renumbered to GBW series 10000-10099. These lasted into the mid 1990s when they were then acquired and rebuilt with roof extensions to become 6047 cu ft boxcars on the Hartford & Slocomb. Model Features:
- Designed, Engineered and Tooled in the United States!
- Factory installed Kadee #58 couplers
- ExactRail's exclusive 100-Ton ASF 'Ride Control' Trucks
- CNC- machined metal wheel sets
- Razor sharp painting and printing
- Scale: HO Scale
- Product Line: Evolution Series
- RailRoad: GBW
- Coupler Type: Kadee #58
- Truck Type: ExactRail 100-Ton ASF 'Ride Control'
- Wheels: CNC-Machined 36" wheels
- Era: 1982 to 1990s
- Region: Midwest
- Minimum Radius: 22"
To view other available paint schemes on this model click HERE