ExactRail FMC 5327 boxcar with 12’-0 plug doors!
In 1979, FMC Corporation built 10’-6 and 12’-0 plug door versions of its 5327 exterior post boxcar. Of the two versions, the 12’-0 plug door is the most distinctive. The wide plug door on a 50’ exterior post car was very modern for this era, and the distinctive paint schemes of the East Camden & Highland, Minnesota Dakota & Western, and New Orleans Public Belt were equally fresh. In 1979, this car was cool as your gold Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.
- Precision Micro-Tooled!
- Designed, engineered and tooling in the United States!
- ExactRail's exclusive 100-ton ASF Ride Control trucks
- CNC-machined 36" metal wheel sets.
- Finely crafted steel nailable floor.
- Factory installed Kadee® #58 “scale” couplers.
- ExactRail's separately applied door tracks and door bars!
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker castings and full nut and bolt detail.
- Wire grab irons.
- Exceptionally accurate paint schemes with razor sharp painting and printing.