Athearn HO Scale: FMC 4700 Covered Hopper - Union Pacific 'D&RGW'
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
FMC (Food Machinery Corp) had many divisions within it’s business. Between 1965 and 1985 FMC was the owner of the Gunderson metal works in Oregon USA. During that period it was known as the ‘Marine and Rail Equipment Division of FMC’ (MRED). FMC produced examples of these dry bulk covered hopper cars for more than a decade, between 1971 and 1981. This car was quite popular among grain hauling railroads of this period and many examples of this car are still present in today’s railroading.
- Factory applied roof hatch, end details, ladders and wire grab irons
- Separately applied brake gear including brake wheel, brake wheel housing, brake lever, air reservoir, brake cylinder and triple valve
- See through etched metal roof walk and end platforms
- Two outlet grate variations
- 100-ton trucks with 36” machined metal wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- Fully-assembled and ready-to-run
- Highly detailed, injection molded body
- Weighted for trouble free operation
- Body mounted McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers
- Interior plastic blister safely holds the model for convenient storage
- Minimum radius: 18”