Atlas Master HO Scale: EMD SD-24 - DCC & Sound - Union Pacific
Atlas Master Series Gold Features:
• ESU LokSound decoder, supporting all DCC programming modes.
• Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F31.
• Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
• Lighting effects to match the prototype, including Gyralight and Mars light where appropriate.
• Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air
compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
With over 220 units produced by EMD between July 1958 and March 1963, the SD-24 locomotive generated a total of
2,400 hp with its turbocharged 567D-3 prime mover and C-C wheel arrangement. The majority of SD-24s produced were purchased by four roads: Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Santa Fe, Southern, and Union Pacific. Atlas’ HO scale model features details unique to each road name:
Burlington (CB&Q): High nose, single-chime air horn on short hood, Gyra-light on short hood (non-operating), winterization hatch
Santa Fe: Low nose, 3-chime horn mounted on left side of hood behind cab
Southern: High nose, 5-chime horn mounted on cab, bell detail on short hood
Union Pacific: Low nose, 3-chime horn mounted between 2nd and 3rd radiator fans, winterization hatch
Guilford 615, 643 & MAERSK (ATSF): equipped with ditch lights