Walthers Mainline HO Scale: EMD F40PH DCC Ready - VIA 'Renaissance'
Power your favorite Amtrak(R) or regional commuter trains in style with a WalthersMainline F40PH on the job! Built especially for passenger duties, the prototypes entered service in 1976 and many are still going strong today. Based on Phase 2b prototypes, the models feature:
- Limited edition - one time run of these roadnumbers!
- Factory-installed vertical hand rails
- Molded drill starter points for grab irons (sold separately)
- RP-25 metal wheels
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
- Fully assembled
- 21-Pin DCC plug
Same powerful drive as WalthersProto(R) locos featuring
- Five-pole skew-wound motor
- 14:1 gear ratio
- Helical-cut gears for quiet operation and easy multiple unit operation
- All-wheel drive and electrical pickup
- Heavy die-cast metal chassis
- Constant and directional LED lights