Bethlehem 3483 Hopper : CB&Q 1967 "Monogram" HT-13B
In volume 4 number 3 of the Prospector, The Rio Grande Historical Society published “if one had to pick THE signature freight car of the Rio Grande in its final quarter century, it would undoubtedly be the 100 ton quad hopper from Bethlehem Steel Car.” Hill railroads also purchased the Bethlehem 3483 in quantity. The Great Northern received 100 cars in an attractive, utilitarian paint scheme with the Great Northern moniker. The Burlington railroad placed six separate orders for a total of 1,370 cars. These cars were delivered in both the “Monogram” and “Helvetica” paint schemes. Today, original paint schemes of GN and Burlington 3483 Hoppers have been identified in BNSF Maintenance of Way service. However, when the Hill lines merged in 1970, many cars were repainted in the image of the new corporate identity, Burlington Northern. THESE CARS WENT EVERYWHERE!
ExactRail has tooled an exceptionally accurate model of the Bethlehem 3483 hopper!
An all-new HO scale draft box. This draft box better approaches scale dimensions, has accurate striker contours and appropriate key detail. And, ExactRail’s Bethlehem 3483 Hopper is factory delivered with Kadee couplers. The Bethlehem 3483 Hopper in exceptionally accurate paint schemes. Update your rolling stock today with highly authentic replicas of a common prototype!
- ExactRail’s equalized 100 ton ASF Ride Control Trucks
- Machined metal wheel sets and axles
- Kadee ® #158 “scale” couplers
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring: key detail, shank wedges, striker castings and full nut and bolt detail
- Numerous separately applied details, including: double door Wine locks, brake levers, bell cranks, air hoses and brake appliance details!
- Exceptionally accurate printing and colors!
- Wire coupler cut levers, grab irons, brake rods and lever hangers!
- Includes both Heap & Flood style loads