WalthersProto 89' Thrall Tri-Level Auto Carrier - Chicago North Western
Over half of all new autos make their first long trip by train, riding in enclosed tri-level auto rack cars like these WalthersProto(R) models! Introduced in the mid-1970s especially to carry automobiles, the protoypes consist of an enclosed rack with three decks. As some of the tallest cars in service, the racks are mounted on low-level 89' flatcars with sidesill cut-outs and 28" wheels for added clearance. In service all across North America, the racks carry the owner's logos, and most ride on flatcars leased from TTX with ETTX reporting marks. A key part of Walthers Auto Series, these highly detailed and fully assembled HO models feature:
- Limited edition - one time run of these numbers!
- Prototypes in service from the 1970s to the present
- Factory-installed grab irons
- Separately molded and applied side ladders
- Ultra-smooth rolling metal axles with correct 28" wheels
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers