HO Scale: 85' Pullman-Standard Ocean Series 5-2-2 Sleeper - Union Pacific 'City of Los Angeles'
Equipped with five bedrooms, two compartments and two drawing rooms, UP ordered just three of these cars from Pullman-Standard (P-S), built to Plan #4200 as lot #6960 which arrived in May 1956. While Union Pacific originally wanted to name them for famous dams, Pullman preferred using a common name to identify cars with identical interior arrangements, and suggested they be part of their existing Ocean series. UP agreed and the names were changed prior to delivery and assignment to the City of Los Angeles. Highly detailed inside and out, this WalthersProto model features:
- Prototypically accurate window tinting and black gaskets as appropriate
- Factory-installed stainless steel grab irons
- Modeler-installed extended drawbars for use on 22" radius curves included
- Turned metal wheelsets and correct trucks with built-in electrical contacts
- Fully assembled
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.