Walthers Proto HO Scale: 85' Budd Pacific Series 10-6 Sleeper - Union Pacific 'City of Los Angeles'
Delivered between December 1949 and May 1950 as lot #9660-039 constructed to Pullman plan #9522, the 50 Pacific series sleepers were UP's first-ever order from Budd. Although built of stainless steel with Budd's signature fluted sides, UP ordered 25 in yellow and gray for the Streamliner fleet, and the remaining 25 in two-tone gray for overnight trains. Yellow and gray was adopted for all passenger cars in 1952, and these distinct and colorful cars were standard equipment on the City of Los Angeles and other UP trains into the 1960s. Offer your passengers plenty of comfortable sleeping space with these WalthersProto models featuring:
- Prototypically accurate window tinting & black gaskets as appropriate
- Factory-installed stainless steel grab irons
- Modeler-installed extended drawbars for use on 22" radius curves included
- Turned metal wheelsets and correct trucks with built-in electrical contacts
- Fully assembled and finished in authentic colors
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.