WalthersProto HO Scale: 85' ACF Dome Diner - Union Pacific
In response to many requests, Walthers is pleased to announce HO models of the historic Union Pacific train honoring the late President George H. W. Bush, which will include a WalthersMainline SD70ACe 4141, and select WalthersProto cars from the Heritage Fleet. Each car comes fully assembled for operation or display, with a variety of features as noted below.
- Perfect for fan trips and special events behind 4141 and other UP power
- First time with factory-printed UPP numbers and car names
- Baggage car includes full-color Presidential Seal decal
- Finished in modern-era UP excursion scheme
- Factory-installed grab irons
- Prototypically accurate window tinting as appropriate
Delivered new from American Car & Foundry in 1955 as 8008, this car was sold to the original Auto Train in 1972 and remained on its roster until 1981. A year later it was transferred to Kansas City Southern, where it was to be renumbered as car 19, but never saw service. UP reacquired the car in 1990 and named it for its Chicago-Portland Streamliner that ran from 1935 to 1971.
PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.