WalthersProto HO Scale: 85' ACF 48-Seat Diner - Union Pacific 'Overland'
Delivered as a lunch counter cafe and lounge in 1949, car 5015 was later held for special service. Rebuilt as a custom 36-seat diner in 1988 with round tables, it received a new wood interior decor in 2005. Named in honor of the original Overland Flyer, which ran from 1887 to 1890 when it was replaced by the Overland Limited, and UP also advertised itself as as the Overland Route for many years.
In response to many requests, Walthers is pleased to announce HO models of the historic Union Pacific train honoring the late President George H. W. Bush, which will include a WalthersMainline SD70ACe 4141, and select WalthersProto cars from the Heritage Fleet. Each car comes fully assembled for operation or display, with a variety of features as noted below.
- Perfect for fan trips and special events behind 4141 and other UP power
- First time with factory-printed UPP numbers and car names
- Baggage car includes full-color Presidential Seal decal
- Finished in modern-era UP excursion scheme
- Factory-installed grab irons
- Prototypically accurate window tinting as appropriate
PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.