Athearn Ready to Roll HO Scale: 50' PS 5277 Boxcar - Santa Fe 'Ex-Railbox'
It was the mid 1970s, and the incentive per diem box car boom was just beginning. A new TrailerTrain iniative called RailBox aimed at streamlining boxcar pooling and availability. Pullman Standard was a significant builder of many of these cars. The 50’ outside post, non-terminating end box car, became the foundation for new per diem cars built in the 1970s. Some of the RailBox 50’ PS cars started to be distributed to partner railroads in the late 1980s. These models can still be seen today in the modern railroading scene.
- Fully-assembled and ready to run out of the box
- Highly-detailed, injection-molded body
- Separately applied side/end ladders and brake wheel
- Painted and printed for realistic decoration
- Weighted for trouble free operation
- 33” machined metal wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- Body mounted McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers
- Window packaging for easy viewing plus interior plastic blister safely holds the model for convenient storage
- Replacement parts available
- Minimum radius: 18”
||McHenry Scale Knuckle
||1970 - 1990
|Minimum Age Recommendation:
|Is Assembly Required: