Athearn RTR HO Scale: 40' Boxcar w/ Youngstown Door - SP
Ubiquitous to an earlier era, the typical post-World War II boxcar was 40 feet in length with a 6-foot door opening in each side. These cars roamed the country in general service hauling such things as eastern merchandise, north western lumber, furniture, paper, auto parts and grain. The shipper made sure his freight fit into the 40-foot general service boxcar if it couldn’t be hauled in tank, hopper or gondola cars.
- Fully assembled and ready for your layout
- Weighted for optimum performance
- Razor sharp painting and printing
- 33” solid nickel silver wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- Body mounted McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers
- Minimum radius: 18”