Walthers Cornerstone HO Scale: 3-Stall Modern Roundhouse - Kit
The Walthers Cornerstone 3-Stall Modern Roundhouse will be a hallmark of later steam-era railroading on your HO layout. If you model the diesel era you'll also find this kit to be a centerpiece of your servicing facility since some of these classics are still used today for servicing diesels. No matter the weather, workers could easily inspect and service locos under cover. Size was based on the number of engines coming and going in any 24-hour period, with the busiest terminals requiring full-circle roundhouses.
This detailed 3-Stall Modern Roundhouse model includes three stalls on 10-degree centers to make the most of your available space like the prototype. And with a modular design, you can add as many stalls as your railroad requires using the Modern Roundhouse Add-On Stalls (933-2901
, sold separately). For more realism, interior and exterior brick wall details, fine windows, floor inspection pits and much more are all standard. Locos up to 125 scale feet long fit easily inside the 3-Stall Modern Roundhouse and parts for a single 145 foot long stall are also included as many modern roundhouses were expanded to handle large locos like Mallets.
- Authentic North American prototype
- Holds engines up to 125 scale feet long
- Includes stall for bigger engines up to 145 scale feet long
- Modular design - easily expanded to a full circle
- Compact 10-degree stall spacing
- Interior and exterior brick detail
- Fine window details
- Floor inspection pits
- Decal signs included
As shown the Modern Roundhouse measures:
- Standard Building: 17-3/4 x 16 x 5-1/2" 44.3 x 40 x 13.7cm
- With Extended Stall: 20-1/8" 50.3cm Long Pit Depth: 5/16" .78cm