ExactRail HO Scale: Evans 4780 Covered Hopper - Erie Western
PROTOTYPICAL ACCURACY REQUIRES PROTOTYPICAL DIVERSITY.
Distinguished by its unique Youngstown corrugated roof, the Evans 4780 Covered Hopper is a common prototype with uncommon features. Beginning with the first production order in December of 1976, Evans produced over 4,000 hoppers during the five-year production period. Popular among Nebraska cooperatives and lessees, the Evans 4780 has plied the rails everywhere in North America! ExactRail is pleased to offer the Evans 4780 Covered Hopper in exceptionally accurate paint schemes. Not every common grain car was built by Pullman-Standard. ExactRail’s Evans 4780 covered hopper brings the diversity of the prototype to your layout.
- Precision Micro-Tooled!
- Designed, engineered and tooling in the United States!
- ExactRail’s equalized 100 ton ASF Ride Control Trucks
- Machined metal wheel sets and axles
- Kadee ® “scale” couplers
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker castings and full nut and bolt detail
- Numerous hand-applied details, including: separately applied air hoses, bell crank and brake appliances!
- Accurate Morton style, etched metal roof walk
- Exceptionally accurate printing and true-to-life colors!
Scale: HO Scale
Product Line: Evolution Series
Coupler Type: Kadee #58
Truck Type: ExactRail ASF 100 Ton Ride Control Trucks
Wheels: CNC-Machined 36" wheels