THE BETHLEHEM 3737/3716 HOPPER IS AN ICONIC RAILCAR OF THE LAST QUARTER CENTURY.
With over 10,000 units produced, this is one of the most prolific, Western steel hoppers of last 40 years. The first Bethlehem 3737 delivery went to the Chicago & Eastern Illinois in 1973, and subsequent orders went to the Texas & Pacific, Missouri Pacific and Chicago & North Western. These are still in service as of 2014, and many have been rebuilt into 4000 capacity cars.”
ABOUT THE MISSOURI PACIFIC (MP) 3737 - 1984 “SMALL EAGLE” REPAINT SCHEME:
In June of 1984, the Union Pacific/Missouri Pacific organization repainted a large number of Bethlehem 3737 and 3716 hoppers into a scheme that ExactRail calls “small eagle” repaints. These cars are exceptionally accurate models of the 3737-repaint scheme with all new numbers. ExactRail recommend you mix this paint scheme with the sister “Small Eagle” repaint scheme of the 3716 capacity cars and capture detail and nuance that is only offered by ExactRail.
EXACTRAIL'S BETHLEHEM 3737 HOPPER IS COMPLETE WITH EXCLUSIVE FEATURES, INCLUDING:
- Various paint schemes and Undecorated Kits!
- Unparalleled attention to letter accuracy and placement.
- ExactRail’s equalized 100 ton ASF Ride Control Trucks
- Machined metal wheel sets and axles
- Kadee ® #158 “scale” couplers
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring: key detail, shank wedges, striker castings and full nut and bolt detail
- Accurate Bethlehem 3737 details, including:
- Single door Wine locks
- 4’ 10.5” vertical brake lever
- Welded top chord gussets
- Sub center sill brake rod
- Etched metal slake adjustor guard
- Interior braces
- Interior wheel well panels
- Floor mounted air reservoir
- Wire coupler cut levers, grab irons, brake rods and lever hangers!
- 2 Load Styles included with each hopper!