ExactRail HO Scale: B&O M-53 Wagontop Boxcar - 1937
In an era when the major design elements of the 40' boxcar seem to have been well standardized, the Baltimore and Ohio employed an innovative design in which the roof and sides were constructed from single panels of cooper-bearing steel. The quality of this steel and these seamless roof design protected lading from roof leaks and made these cars battleships on the rails.
Some of these cars remained on the rails up to the early eighties. ExactRail's M-53 Wagontop Boxcar has been designed, engineered and tooled in the U.S. Our unique approach to precision micro-tooling distinguishes the M-53 in the numerous fine scale details. Additionally, ExactRail's M-53 Wagontop Boxcar is offered with extraordinarily accurate paint and lettering schemes.
In the development of this project, we enlisted the insight of the foremost experts and historians on Baltimore and Ohio's equipment. Their input represents years of meticulous research, the results of which are yours to enjoy!
- Precision micro-tooled!
- Designed, engineered and tooled in the United States!
- Factory installed Kadee #58 coupler
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker casting and full nut and bolt detail
- ExactRail's exclusive 50-ton Barber S-2 'Plain Bearing' trucks
- CNC-machined metal wheel sets with all new metal axles!
- Wire grab irons and brake rods • Razor sharp painting and printing
- Wire coupler cut levers and separately applied air hoses
- Hand-etched wood grain on running and tack boards for perfect weight and tone
Scale: HO Scale
Product Line: Platinum Series
Product Type: B&O M-53 Wagontop Boxcar
Coupler Type: Kadee #58
Truck Type: 50 Ton Barber S-2 'Plain Bearing' Trucks
Wheels: CNC-Machined 33" wheels