WalthersProto® 85' Budd 46-Seat Coach - 1954 El Capitan - Santa Fe
By the early 1950s, travelers in a hurry and on a budget made Santa Fe’s El Capitan one of its most popular – and crowded – streamliners. As the speedy and economical running mate of the Super Chief, the train was a favorite with families and business travelers, regularly handling 14 or more cars daily with no let-up in sight. Second and third sections were needed during peak summer and holiday travel times, and riders were still being turned away.
- As-built Baggage-Dormitory
- Real metal finish simulates stainless steel - matches other WalthersProto Santa Fe streamliners
- Prototypically accurate window tinting as appropriate
- All grab irons factory installed
- Car number decals
- Turned RP-25 metal wheelsets
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
- Modeler-installed extended drawbar for 22" radius curves included
PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.