Walthers Mainline HO Scale: 40' PS-1 Boxcar - Southern Pacific 'T&NO'
As North American railroads began replacing war-weary equipment, many turned to Pullman-Standard and the brand-new 40' PS-1 Boxcar. Based on early postwar cars built from 1947 to 1949, this model is a great addition to steam and diesel-era layouts, as some of the protoypes were still in service into the late 1980s!
Features of the WalthersMainline 40' PS-1 Boxcar include:
Based on early postwar production cars with:
- One time run of these road numbers
- Pullman-Standard ends (no rectangles)
- Pullman-Standard bowtie roof w/flat panels
- See-through Apex steel running board
- 6' Superior doors
- Correct 33" RP-25 metal wheelsets
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers