ExactRail HO Scale: Milwaukee Road 3898 Ribside Boxcar - Hiawatha '9-39 - As-Delivered'
Built in the golden years when the railroad designed and engineered its own rolling stock, Milwaukee's rib side box car is easily one of the most prolific and recognizable signature cars of all time.
The Milwaukee Road's Rib Side boxcar is a platinum quality model that includes full-length rib profiles which have been meticulously recreated and hand-etched wood grain for perfect weight and tone. Complete with panel type camel doors, 5-5 dreadnaught ends and precision detailed lumber door, ExactRail's Milwaukee Rib Side Box Car is an exclusive replica to please enthusiasts and collectors alike.
- Designed, Engineered and Tooled in the United States!
- Factory installed Kadee #58 couplers
- ExactRail's exclusive 50 ton Barber S-2 Friction Bearing Trucks
- CNC- machined metal wheel sets
- Razor sharp painting and printing
- Free standing and accurate underbody and brake details
- Wire coupler cut lever bars
- Separately applied air hoses
About the Hiawatha '9-39 - As-Delivered' paint scheme:
These three cars were part of a small order of 83 ribside boxcars that were delivered in September of 1939. Numbering from 19000-19082, they were the first new 40 foot ribsides built by the Milwaukee Road. This group of cars were built with wood running boards and were equipped with Universal hand brakes.Additional Information:
- Scale: HO Scale
- Product Line: Platinum Series
- RailRoad: MILW
- Coupler Type: Kadee #58
- Truck Type: ExactRail 50 ton Barber S-2 Friction Bearing Trucks
- Wheels: CNC-Machined 33" wheels
- Era: 1939 - 1960's
- Region: Midwest
- Minimum Radius: 22"
For other available paint schemes of the ExactRail Milwaukee Road 3898 Ribside Boxcar click HERE