MTH HO Scale: EMD SD70ACE - DCC Ready - Union Pacific 'George Bush 4141'
On October 18, 2005, at the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum in College Station, Texas, the Union Pacific Railroad unveiled locomotive 4141. It was only the sixth time in UP history that a diesel had been decorated in colors other than the road’s signature Armour Yellow paint.
Based on the paint scheme of Air Force One, the brand new EMD SD70ACe engine honored the 41st president and his library, on the occasion of a new exhibit celebrating America’s railroads, Tracks of the Iron Horse. Among the artifacts on display was the original golden spike that had marked the completion of the first transcontinental railroad in 1869.
In the ensuing ceremonies, the former president himself took a turn at the throttle, and 4141 later pulled freight across the UP system. When rail traffic declined in the 2008 financial crisis, 4141 went into storage as part of the UP’s Heritage Fleet.
After George Herbert Walker Bush passed away on November 30, 2018, UP 4141 came out of storage to bring him back to College Station on December 6, assisted by SD70ACe No. 9096. Baggage car Council Bluffs carried his flag-draped casket, with the doors open to allow the thousands at trackside to pay their respects. To allow others to honor the former president, vice-president, congressman, ambassador, CIA director and naval aviator, engine 4141 later went on a systemwide Union Pacific tour.
- Intricately Detailed ABS Body
- Die-Cast Metal Chassis
- Metal Handrails and Decorative Horn
- Moveable Roof Fans
- Metal Body Side Grilles
- Detachable Snow Plow
- (2) Engineer Cab Figures
- Authentic Paint Scheme
- Metal Wheels and Axles
- RP25 Metal Wheels
- (2) #158 Scale Kadee Whisker Couplers
- Prototypical Rule 17 Lighting
- Directionally Controlled Constant voltage LED Headlights
- Lighted Cab Interior
- Illuminated Number Boards
- Operating Ditch Lights
- Powerful 5-Pole Precision Flywheel Equipped Skew-Wound Balanced Motor
- Locomotive Speed Control In Scale MPH Increments
- Operates On Code 70, 83 and 100 Track
- 1:87 Scale Proportions
- Unit Measures:10 9/16" x 1 7/16" x 2 3/16"
- Operates On 18" Radius Curves