Atlas N Scale: 40' Reefer Containers - NYK Line - 3-Pack
Set #1 includes road numbers: 711406, 711450, 711474
Set #2 includes road numbers: 711409, 711444, 711462
Since the 1970s most international freight has been shipped by standardized 20- and 40-foot containers. Some of this huge flow of cargo between countries needs to be refrigerated for the transit. The second most common type of ISO* container in use is the refrigerated container. Today's refrigerated container design uses high tech composite (plastics and metals) construction and a "picture frame" type refrigeration unit. Atlas' model represents a standard 40-foot high-cube refrigerated container (ISO Type Code 45R1) found in many shipping and leasing fleets.
*ISO is the International Organization for Standardization.
- Prototypically accurate Daikin reefers
- 40-foot High-Cube Refrigerated Container
- Composite materials sandwich-sides design
- Detailed picture window refrigeration unit with separate parts
- ISO Type 45R1
- Five hinge / four bar doors with OUT style handles