ExactRail HO Scale: Milwaukee Road 3898 Ribside Boxcar - Chicago, Terre Haute, and Southeastern '9-39 - As-Delivered'
Built in the golden years when the railroad designed and engineered its own rolling stock, Milwaukee's rib side box car is easily one of the most prolific and recognizable signature cars of all time.
The Milwaukee Road's Rib Side boxcar is a platinum quality model that includes full-length rib profiles which have been meticulously recreated and hand-etched wood grain for perfect weight and tone. Complete with panel type camel doors, 5-5 dreadnaught ends and precision detailed lumber door, ExactRail's Milwaukee Rib Side Box Car is an exclusive replica to please enthusiasts and collectors alike.
- Designed, Engineered and Tooled in the United States!
- Factory installed Kadee #58 couplers
- ExactRail's exclusive 50 ton Barber S-2 Friction Bearing Trucks
- CNC- machined metal wheel sets
- Razor sharp painting and printing
- Free standing and accurate underbody and brake details
- Wire coupler cut lever bars
- Separately applied air hoses
About the Chicago, Terre Haute, and Southeastern '9-39 - As-Delivered' paint scheme:
The Chicago, Terre Haute and Southeastern was a small shortline that was leased by the Milwaukee Road in 1921. In the 19000-19082 delivery of ribsides built in 1939, the Milwaukee Road applied CTSE reporting marks only to car 19039. In 1948 the Milwaukee Road fully absorbed the short line and by 1950 the CTSE reporting marks were changed over to MILW. If you model the 1940s, this will be a nice treat to throw into the mix of rolling stock on your layout.
- Scale: HO Scale
- Product Line: Platinum Series
- RailRoad: MILW
- Coupler Type: Kadee #58
- Truck Type: ExactRail 50 ton Barber S-2 Friction Bearing Trucks
- Wheels: CNC-Machined 33" wheels
- Era: 1940 - 1960's
- Region: Midwest
- Minimum Radius: 22"
For other available paint schemes of the ExactRail Milwaukee Road 3898 Ribside Boxcar click HERE