ExactRail HO Scale: Gunderson 7466 Wood Chip Gondola - Georgia Pacific '1989 Rebuild'
ExactRail's Gunderson 7466 Wood Chip Gondola is one of ExactRail's most- loved freight cars. With hand-etched wood grain for perfect weight and tone, the 7466 accurately recreates the prototype's composite wood panels and I-beam frame on your layout.
Built in 1965 for service on the Southern Pacific, the Gunderson 7466 was seen throughout the SP system and North America. Now under secondary ownership, these cars can be seen today via roads in a variety of service.
ExactRail's Gunderson 7466 stands on its own as a masterpiece of HO Scale rolling stock.
About the Georgia Pacific '1989 Rebuild' Paint Scheme:
Georgia Pacific a large portion of the former Southern Pacific G-100-12 wood chip hoppers starting in 1989. These cars were repainted and renumbered to GPSX 4300-4459. These cars lasted until 2002 when they went onto a new owner and were rebuilt with metal replacing the composite wood side walls.
ExactRail's Gunderson 7466 Wood Chip Gondola features:
· Precision micro-tooled!
· Designed, engineered and tooled in the U.S!
· Factory installed Kadee® #58 couplers
· Narrow-style draft box featuring: shank wedges, striker casting and full nut and bolt detail
· ExactRail's exclusive ASF 100 Ton Ride Control Trucks
· CNC- machined metal wheel sets
· Razor sharp painting and printing
· Drop-down brake rigging
· Hand-etched wood grain for perfect weight and tone
· Wire coupler cut lever bars and separately applied air hoses
Scale: HO Scale
Product Line: Platinum Series
Coupler Type: Kadee #58
Truck Type: ExactRail 100-Ton ASF 'Ride Control' Trucks
Wheels: CNC-Machined 36" wheels
Era: 1989 - 2000's
Minimum Radius: 22"