ExactRail N Scale: Gunderson 6269 High Cube Boxcar - Illinois Central
Growth in intermodal markets had the effect of steering railroads away from boxcars in the modern era. However, it became clear that there was a market for the development of new boxcars in paper products, as shippers require high-grade boxcars. This stands against the trend of declining boxcar development of the time. Modern builders, such as Gunderson, Trinity and Trenton-Works, set themselves to the task of developing competitive boxcars. These cars have a distinctively modern aesthetic; they are known as 'Paper Boxes.'
ABOUT THE IC PAINT SCHEME
Illinois Central (IC): In 1996, Illinois Central purchased 200 Gunderson 6269 boxcars. These were delivered in a very industrial looking light gray paint scheme and IC’s “Death Star” logo.
- Precision micro-tooled!
- Designed, engineered and tooled in the United States!
- Factory installed Micro-Trains #1015 couplers
- Narrow-style, body mounted draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker casting and full nut and bolt detail.
- ExactRail's 100 ton ASF 'Ride Control' trucks
- CNC-machined metal wheel sets with all new metal axles!
- Exceptionally accurate lettering styles, logotypes and razor sharp printing
- True to life colors!
- Scale: N Scale
- Product Line: N-Scale Series
- Product Type: Gunderson 6269 High Cube Boxcar
- RailRoad: IC
- Wheels: CNC-Machined 36" wheels