ExactRail PS-2CD 4427 Covered Hopper - TLDX 'West Central Coop.'
Beginning in the 1960’s, covered hoppers took over 40' boxcars for grain service. The Pullman Standard 4427 cubic foot low-side covered hopper is one of the legendary cars that helped make this transition successful. Graced with many colorful paint schemes and plying the rails through all corners of North America, these cars carried numerous dry commodities including grain, corn, wheat, flour and many other forms of dry bulks.
The Pullman Standard 4427 low-hip covered hopper is a classic of North American railroading!
About the TLDX 'West Central Coop.' Paint Scheme:
Unfortunately we have been unable to source much information about the West Central Cooperative. We have been told that it was part of the Far-Mar-Co umbrella. This would make sense as some of the later delivered West Central 4427s were repainted into Far-Mar-Co colors in the 1970s. These cars were often seen roaming the west on a host of railroads. These 1964 delivered cars numbered from 3106 to 3111, were the first 6 cars leased to West Central, another 10 cars would follow shortly after.
- Precision Micro-tooled!
- Designed, engineered and tooled in the United States!
- ExactRail's equalized 100 ton ASF Ride Control Trucks
- Machined metal wheels sets - Kadee® #58 "scale" couplers!
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker casting and full nut and bolt detail.
- Numerous hand-applied details, including: separately applied air hoses, bell crank, and brake appliances!
- Photo-etched, stainless steel roof walk and brake platform
- Exceptionally accurate printing and true to life colors!
- Wire coupler cut levers, brake rigging, and brake rods
Scale: HO Scale
Product Line: Platinum Series
Coupler Type: Kadee #58
Truck Type: ExactRail 100-Ton ASF 'Ride Control' Trucks
Wheels: CNC-Machined 36" wheels
Era: 1964 - 1980's
Minimum Radius: 22"