ExactRail PS-2CD 4427 Covered Hopper - Soo Line '1964 As-Delivered'
Beginning in the 1960’s, covered hoppers took over 40' boxcars for grain service. The Pullman Standard 4427 cubic foot low-side covered hopper is one of the legendary cars that helped make this transition successful. Graced with many colorful paint schemes and plying the rails through all corners of North America, these cars carried numerous dry commodities including grain, corn, wheat, flour and many other forms of dry bulks.
The Pullman Standard 4427 low-hip covered hopper is a classic of North American railroading!
About the Soo Line '1964 As-Delivered' Paint Scheme:
The first "modern" 100-ton covered hopper the Soo Line received were 50 PS-2CD 4427 Covered Hoppers numbering from 70151-70249. On many cars, the Soo Line used reporting marks that ended in odd numbers, such as the case for this group of cars. These 6 numbers represent cars delivered in the original light gray paint with the right two full panels in blue and a small Colormark logo applied. Many of these would be repainted but some could still be seen on the rails in their faded as-delivered colors into the early 2000s.
- Precision Micro-tooled!
- Designed, engineered and tooled in the United States!
- ExactRail's equalized 100 ton ASF Ride Control Trucks
- Machined metal wheels sets - Kadee® #58 "scale" couplers!
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker casting and full nut and bolt detail.
- Numerous hand-applied details, including: separately applied air hoses, bell crank, and brake appliances!
- Photo-etched, stainless steel roof walk and brake platform
- Exceptionally accurate printing and true to life colors!
- Wire coupler cut levers, brake rigging, and brake rods
Scale: HO Scale
Product Line: Platinum Series
Coupler Type: Kadee #58
Truck Type: ExactRail 100-Ton ASF 'Ride Control' Trucks
Wheels: CNC-Machined 36" wheels
Era: 1964 - 2000
Minimum Radius: 22"