ExactRail PS-2CD 4427 Covered Hopper - Kansas City Southern '1964 As-Delivered'
Beginning in the 1960’s, covered hoppers took over 40' boxcars for grain service. The Pullman Standard 4427 cubic foot low-side covered hopper is one of the legendary cars that helped make this transition successful. Graced with many colorful paint schemes and plying the rails through all corners of North America, these cars carried numerous dry commodities including grain, corn, wheat, flour and many other forms of dry bulks.
The Pullman Standard 4427 low-hip covered hopper is a classic of North American railroading!
About the Kansas City Southern '1964 As-Delivered' Paint Scheme:
The Kansas City Southern received 100 cars from Pullman Standard in 1964 numbering from 5300-5399. The cars were delivered in this simple green with yellow lettering. As the cars aged over time, the paint faded to a light pale green. During the 1980s, many were repainted into a red scheme.
- Precision Micro-tooled!
- Designed, engineered and tooled in the United States!
- ExactRail's equalized 100 ton ASF Ride Control Trucks
- Machined metal wheels sets - Kadee® #58 "scale" couplers!
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker casting and full nut and bolt detail.
- Numerous hand-applied details, including: separately applied air hoses, bell crank, and brake appliances!
- Photo-etched, stainless steel roof walk and brake platform
- Exceptionally accurate printing and true to life colors!
- Wire coupler cut levers, brake rigging, and brake rods
Scale: HO Scale
Product Line: Platinum Series
Coupler Type: Kadee #58
Truck Type: ExactRail 100-Ton ASF 'Ride Control' Trucks
Wheels: CNC-Machined 36" wheels
Era: 1964 - 1980's
Minimum Radius: 22"