ExactRail PS-2CD 4427 Covered Hopper - Far-Mar-Co. '1972 Repaint'
Beginning in the 1960’s, covered hoppers took over 40' boxcars for grain service. The Pullman Standard 4427 cubic foot low-side covered hopper is one of the legendary cars that helped make this transition successful. Graced with many colorful paint schemes and plying the rails through all corners of North America, these cars carried numerous dry commodities including grain, corn, wheat, flour and many other forms of dry bulks.
The Pullman Standard 4427 low-hip covered hopper is a classic of North American railroading!
About the Far-Mar-Co. '1972 Repaint' Paint Scheme:
In the 1970s, Far-Mar-Co was the largest grain cooperative in the United States and was owned by 250,000 farmers. Its members were located across multiple states such as Colorado, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas and Wyoming. This batch of 3 cars were part of a group of repaints from former Equity Union Grain Company cars and were all painted in 1972 into the Far-Mar-Co handsome orange scheme. Despite the cars being 1972 repaints, they sported a deceiving "NEW 7-64" date by the CAPY data. This is correct for the car but not the paint scheme.
- Precision Micro-tooled!
- Designed, engineered and tooled in the United States!
- ExactRail's equalized 100 ton ASF Ride Control Trucks
- Machined metal wheels sets - Kadee® #58 "scale" couplers!
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker casting and full nut and bolt detail.
- Numerous hand-applied details, including: separately applied air hoses, bell crank, and brake appliances!
- Photo-etched, stainless steel roof walk and brake platform
- Exceptionally accurate printing and true to life colors!
- Wire coupler cut levers, brake rigging, and brake rods
Scale: HO Scale
Product Line: Platinum Series
Coupler Type: Kadee #58
Truck Type: ExactRail 100-Ton ASF 'Ride Control' Trucks
Wheels: CNC-Machined 36" wheels
Era: 1972 - 1990's
Minimum Radius: 22"